Wednesday, February 4, 2009

winter in New England

Well, not much to show in the way of pictures as our house has been one sick pod. We noticed Gabrielle had a fever a couple of Fridays ago (102), and it didn't end up going away until early Wednesday. We even ended up in the ER one night at 11:00 because her fever shot up to 104.5!! Ends up she had a viral infection that just needed to run it's course. Let's just say it ran it's course with me, too. So scary when they have a fever that high for that long.

We had a couple of days of a healthy lull, and Chris came down with a fever Saturday afternoon. He thought he had strep, but it was just a nasty bacterial infection! Today is the first day he's felt somewhat better and it's Wednesday! In the midst of barackading him in our bedroom so no one else would get it....we have yet another snow storm! Talk about salt on a wound...taking care of my poor sick husband (who I have never seen that ill), two kids, two dogs, and needing to shovel on top of it all. Why do we live here???

As if all of this is not enough, Julia woke up today and had a low-grade fever (99.7). Jeez, Louise!! Hopefully this one is just from teeth!

Well, wish us luck. Hopefully everyone will be healthy after this. Hope everyone else is doing well and feeling ok. This has not been a fun stretch and wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy! How many more weeks until summer??

3 comments:

  1. Ugh! Don't you love winter! The sick is running through our house as well.. fortunately only Cole has gotten a fever, and they've run their course pretty quickly. Started with Rob, then Caden, then Cole, now me! Grrr! I thought I was being spared! Just the sniffles though so can't really complain! I wouldn't trade our germs for yours that's for sure! Yours sound much more mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am afraid to say this out loud, but I think we're finally over it. I think Julia's issues surround her teeth!

    I hope you guys don't get this strain...especially you. Stay healthy!!! Only a couple more days!!! Woo hooo....can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there .... Sorry we missed you at dancing class, if you were there. Jaxson has had a fever since Tues. and just today he has a rash (roseola). Anthony had to work today, so I wasn't taking Jaxson out today. Hope your house is finally healthy again !! Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Jen's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones